Crescent Christmas Tree Bread
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red and green candied cherries, halved
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Separate dough into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Spread each
rectangle with margarine.
- In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over rectangles. Starting
at shorter side, roll up each rectangle; seal edge. Cut each roll crosswise into
3 equal slices.
- Place slices cut side down on greased cookie sheet to form tree. Begin with 1
slice for top; arrange 2 slices just below, with sides closely touching. Continue
arranging a row of 3 slices, then a row of 4 slices. Use the remaining 2 slices
for the trunk.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cool for 3 minutes; carefully remove from cookie sheet. Cool slightly on wire
- In small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over tree.
- Garnish with candied cherry halves.
Yield: 12 rolls