Date Nut Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shelled walnuts
- 1 cup Brazil nuts
- 1 pound pitted dates
- 1 (8 to 10 ounce) bottle maraschino cherries, well drained
- 5 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Do not chop dates or nuts, but leave whole.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- Add nuts and dates to sifted ingredients.
- Add cherries. Mix well until nuts are coated.
- Add beaten eggs and vanilla extract. Mix all by hand.
- Turn into three small loaf pans and bake for one hour at 325 degrees F.