Eggnog Bread with Nutmeg-Bourbon Icing
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Bread: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder,
nutmeg and salt).
- In a medium bowl, mix together remaining ingredients.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until moist, but slightly lumpy
(do not over-mix).
- Butter and flour a loaf pan, pour batter in and bake 45 - 50 minutes, or
until deep brown on top and cooked through.
- When slightly cooled, remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Icing: In a food processor, cream together cream cheese and butter.
- Add confectioners' sugar and mix well.
- Blend in bourbon and nutmeg. Check for sweetness and add more confectioners'
sugar if you like.
- Frost cooled bread.
Unfrosted bread be prepared ahead of time and frozen. This bread tastes best when
chilled in the refrigerator.