Eggnog Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup toffee bits (not chocolate covered)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon swirl ingredients; mix well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and
- In a medium bowl, combine eggnog, oil, eggs and vanilla extract; beat with a
fork to combine.
- Stir eggnog mixture into dry ingredients, stirring just until smooth. Pour half
the batter into prepared loaf pan. Spoon half of cinnamon swirl mixture over batter;
cut through with a knife to swirl. Top with remaining batter. Spoon on remaining
cinnamon swirl mixture; swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center tests clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack.
Yield: 1 loaf