Eggnog Latte Loaf
Partner coffee and chocolate in a tasty quick loaf reminiscent of coffee
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup eggnog or half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules or crystals
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted, cooled
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules or crystals
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, softened
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom only of 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with
shortening or cooking spray; lightly flour.
- In large bowl, beat all bread ingredients with electric mixer on medium
speed about 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly, until blended. Beat on high
speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in
center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about
- Dissolve instant coffee in hot water.
- In small bowl, mix coffee, powdered sugar and butter until smooth. If necessary,
stir in a few drops of hot water until thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle glaze over loaf.
- To store, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 1 week.
Yield: 1 loaf (24 slices)
Special Touch: Pair Eggnog Latte Loaf with a bag of gourmet coffee beans for
a gift with a "latte" class.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 70); Total
Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 100mg; Total
Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 14g); Protein 2g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate
Choices: 1 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills