- 1 cup commercial eggnog
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 handful raisins
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine eggnog and beaten egg; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter and shortening. Add eggnog mixture to dry ingredients and stir.
Stir in raisins.
- For cut scones: Turn dough out onto floured surface and roll dough out. Cut into
biscuit-size rounds or other shape.
- For drop scones: Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto cookie sheet.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 15 minutes or until light golden brown.