Peach-Nut Holiday Bread
Bake in convenient foil loaf pans for gift-giving.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can peach slices (syrup pack)
- 2 eggs
cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease four 5 1/2 x 3 x 2-inch loaf pans or one 9
x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Drain peaches, reserving 1/4 cup syrup.
- In blender container or food processor bowl combine reserved peach syrup, eggs,
butter or margarine and lemon juice. Cover; blend or process until smooth.
- Add peaches. Cover; blend or process just until peaches are chopped.
- Pour peach mixture over flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fold in 1/2 cup nuts.
- Turn into prepared pan(s). Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes for small loaves or 55 to 60 minutes for large loaf
or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Spread preserves over loaves not topped with nuts.
Yield: 4 small loaves, 4 servings each, or 1 large loaf, 16 servings