This reindeer will delight young and old alike and can be eaten besides.
- 1 loaf Rhodes frozen bread dough, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 1 candied or maraschino cherry
- Place thawed loaf on a large, greased baking sheet. Slice the loaf lengthwise
halfway down the middle. Pull these two sections apart to make a "V."
Make cuts on each section to form antlers and ears: Slice in from each side
to form the outer edges of a "V," but not quite down to the lower
point of the imaginary letter. Finish antler cuts by slicing each prong of the "V"
lengthwise about halfway to the lower point of the imaginary letter.
- To make "ears," turn loaf so long side is horizontal. Below antlers
and above face, make four cuts toward center to form a smaller imaginary "V"
on each side of the eventual face.
- To shape the dough antlers, pull and twist the first three prongs on each
section to give them character. Shape the face by slicing a triangular sliver
from each side at top of face and discard these narrow pieces. Pinch the upper
slices together to form ears. Pull the ears slightly down and away from the
- Press the remaining half loaf into an elongated face, narrower at the top
by the ears and wider at the bottom.
- Brush with beaten egg and let rise for about 20 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool and decorate with chocolate kisses for eyes and a cherry for the
Prep Time: 15 min (not including thaw
Bake Time: 25-30 min
Reprinted with permission from
Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com.