Triple Chocolate Gingerbread
Chocolate pudding, mini chocolate chips, ginger, cinnamon, and allspice transform
basic chocolate cake mix into an extraordinary flavor sensation.
- 1 package (18 1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1 package (4-serving size) chocolate instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon
McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon
McCormick® Ground Allspice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Whipped cream (optional)
White Chocolate Drizzle
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat all ingredients except chocolate chips in large bowl with electric
mixer on low speed just until moistened, scraping side of bowl frequently. Beat
on medium speed 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into 10-cup Bundt pan that has been sprayed
with no stick baking spray with flour.
- Bake 50 minutes or until cake pulls away from side of pan and cake springs
back when touched lightly.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Invert cake onto wire rack. Cool completely.
- If desired, sprinkle cake with confectioners' sugar and serve with whipped
cream. Or, spoon White Chocolate Drizzle over cake.
- White Chocolate Drizzle: Microwave white chocolate chips and milk in small
microwavable bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70% power) 1 minute. Stir until chips are
melted and mixture is smooth. If needed, microwave 10 to 30 seconds longer,
stirring every 10 seconds.
- Stir in McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract. Immediately spoon over cake as
drizzle tends to thicken as it sits in the bowl.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Makes 16 servings.
Reprinted with permission from