Baked Egg Nog French Toast
Make this Baked Egg Nog French Toast recipe on Christmas Eve and refrigerate; then, it's ready to bake on Christmas morning! (Now that's using the ol' "noggin"!)
- 1 Loaf Rhodes™ Frozen Bread Dough
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups egg nog
Cranberry Orange Syrup
- 16 ounces jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- French Toast: Bake bread dough according to package instructions and slice into 12 slices.
- In a bowl, mix the softened cream cheese and sugar until well combined. Spread cream cheese mixture over 6 slices of bread. Place these 6 slices in a sprayed 9 x 13-inch baking dish cream cheese side up. Top with remaining 6 slices of bread.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and egg nog and whisk until well blended. Pour evenly over bread slices. Gently press bread slices down with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Uncover dish and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve warm with Cranberry Orange Syrup.
- Cranberry Orange Syrup: Combine ingredients in a
saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sauce is melted and mixture comes to a boil.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.