Holiday Morning French Toast
Holiday Morning French Toast is perfect for a special holiday morning. It can be prepared the night before, refrigerated and simply baked in the morning. The aroma lets your family know that they are in for a real treat.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 3 tart apples, such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Mix brown sugar, butter and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon in 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Add apples and cranberries; stir to coat well. Spread evenly in bottom of baking dish. Arrange slices of bread on top.
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla extract and remaining 2 teaspoons cinnamon until well blended. Pour mixture over bread, soaking bread completely.
- Cover with foil. Refrigerate 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- For an eye-catching presentation, loosen edges with small knife. Invert onto large serving platter.
Yield: 12 servings | Prep: 20 min
Refrigerate: 4 hr | Cook: 50 min
per serving Calories: 317 Fat: 13 g Carbohydrates: 42 g Cholesterol: 130 mg Sodium: 355 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 8 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: McCormick
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.