Almond Eggnog Pound Cake
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups commercial eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch fluted tube pan with 2 tablespoon
butter. Press almonds onto the bottom and sides of pan; set aside.
- Melt remaining butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cake mix, eggnog, eggs, rum extract, nutmeg
and melted butter on low speed for 30 seconds or just until moistened.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes or until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Yield: 12-14 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.