Angel Food Cake with Minted Mascarpone Frosting
- 1 store-bought or homemade 8- to 10-inch angel food cake
- 8 ounces Wisconsin Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure mint extract
- 2 ounces mint chocolate bar, shredded
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish, optional
- Split the angel food cake in half horizontally.
- With electric mixer, briefly cream cheese and sugar. The mixture should be thick
enough to spread—if not, add additional sugar. Do not over-mix—the cheese will curdle.
Stir in mint extract. Fold in shredded mint chocolate.
- Spread the top of the bottom cake half with half the mixture. Top with top half
and frost with remaining mixture. Do not frost sides of cake.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Yield: 8 servings
The cake is very good topped with sugared raspberries or strawberries.
Recipe and photo credit:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin.