Bacardi Rum Cake
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix*
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package Jell-O vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup Wesson or Crisco oil
- 1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum (80 proof )
* If using yellow cake mix with pudding already in the mix, omit the instant
pudding, using 3 eggs instead of 4 and 1/3 cup oil instead of 1/2.
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum ( 80 proof )
- Cake: Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 10-inch tube or 12-cup
Bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan.
- Mix all cake ingredients together. Pour batter over nuts. Bake 1 hour.
- Cool; invert onto serving plate. Prick top with fork. Spoon and brush glaze evenly
over top and sides.
- Glaze: Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil for 5 minutes,
stirring constantly, and remove from heat. Stir in rum.
- You may decorate with whipped cream before serving.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.