Bacardi Rum Cake
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 package Duncan Hines yellow cake mix*
- 1 (3 3/4-ounce) package Jell-O vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup Wesson or Crisco oil
- 1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum (80 proof )
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum ( 80 proof )
- Cake: Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 10-inch tube or 12-cup
Bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan.
- Mix all cake ingredients together. Pour batter over nuts. Bake 1 hour.
- Cool; invert onto serving plate. Prick top with fork. Spoon and brush glaze evenly
over top and sides.
- Glaze: Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil for 5 minutes,
stirring constantly, and remove from heat. Stir in rum.
- You may decorate with whipped cream before serving.
* If using yellow cake mix with pudding already in the mix, omit the instant
pudding, using 3 eggs instead of 4 and 1/3 cup oil instead of 1/2.