Biblical Christmas Cake
- 1 cup Judges 5:25 (last clause - butter)
- 1 3/4 cup Jeremiah 6:20 (sugar)
- 1/4 cup Proverbs 24:13 (honey)
- 6 Job 39:14 (eggs)
- I Kings 10:2 (spices: 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon cloves, 1 teaspoon nutmeg)
- 3 teaspoons Amos 4:5 (baking powder, plus 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda)
- 1 teaspoon Leviticus 2:13 (salt)
- 3 3/4 cups I Kings 4:22 (unsifted all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup Genesis 24:11 (water, can substitute 1 cup cold buttermilk)
- 2 cups I Samuel 30:12 (second clause - raisins)
- 2 cups Revelation 6:13 (cut-up dried figs)
- 1 cup Numbers 17:8 (chopped almonds)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Heavily grease and flour 10-inch tube or Bundt pan
or two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter until smooth.
- At low speed, add sugar gradually, beat in well.
- Blend in honey at low speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating at medium to high speed after each addition.
- Combine cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, salt
and 3 1/4 cups flour.
- Add blended dry ingredients to batter alternately, with buttermilk.
- Toss reserved 1/2 cup flour with raisins, figs, almonds.
- Gently fold fruit and nuts into batter.
- Pour batter into pan. Cut through batter with knife to distribute evenly.
- Bake for about 1 1/2 hours, or until cake tester, poked in center, comes out
- Let cool in pan for 30 minutes, then turn out on rack and cool completely.