Brandied Apricot Cake Roll
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup sifted cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon double acting baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Brandied Apricot Filling
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup cognac or whiskey
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cognac or whiskey
- Cake: Grease the bottom and sides of a jellyroll pan (15 x 10 x 1-inch). Line the pan with wax paper and then grease the paper. Reserve.
- Sift together the cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat eggs very well in large bowl of mixer.
- Add sugar gradually and beat until mixture becomes fluffy, thick and light-colored (about 5 minutes).
- Fold in sifted dry ingredients and then the vanilla extract.
- Pour batter into jellyroll pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 13 minutes.
- Cover a clean dish towel with confectioners' sugar. Turn cake onto towel. Peel off wax paper and roll cake from the short end, rolling cloth in cake. Place on rack to cool, end side down.
- When cool, unroll and spread with filling. Re-roll and place on serving platter, leaving end of cake underneath.
- Brandied Apricot Filling: Mix preserves and whiskey together; spread on cake.
- Frosting: Whip cream with confectioners' sugar; fold in flavoring.
- Frost cake, garnish as desired and refrigerate until serving time.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.