Brandied Cranberry Fruitcake
Yield: 10 servings
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 fluid ounces brandy
- 2 fluid ounces water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 egg
- 18 ounces biscuit baking mix or Biscuit Baking Mix
- 8 ounces walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 6 ounces maraschino cherries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 8 ounces dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine applesauce, brandy, water, oil, and egg.
- Add biscuit baking mix, chopped walnuts, raisins, halved maraschino cherries (drained), cranberries, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Stir until blended then spoon into a greased and floured* 10 inch tube pan. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Loosen the edges and remove from the pan. Brush with light corn syrup.
* For best results, use our Pan Release!