Butterscotch Spice Molten Cakes with Cream Sauce
Filled with rich, creamy butterscotch, and a flavorful blend of spices, these flavorful little Butterscotch Spice Molten Cakes will make a stunning impression to family and friends alike.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch (1/16 teaspoon) ground cloves
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- 2 scoops (1 cup) Vanilla DREYER'S or EDY'S SLOW CHURNED Light Ice Cream, melted
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Generously butter six 6-ounce custard cups with 1 tablespoon butter. Sprinkle granulated sugar
onto bottom and around sides of each cup. Dump out any excess sugar.
- Combine flour, ginger and cloves in small bowl.
- Microwave morsels and remaining 7 tablespoons butter in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their
original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Beat eggs, egg yolks, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl for about 4 minutes or until thick. Stir in one-third of butterscotch mixture into egg mixture. Stir in remaining butterscotch mixture and flour mixture until well blended. Divide batter evenly among prepared cups. Place cups on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until sides are set and 1-inch centers move slightly when shaken. Cake tops will be brown. Cool for 3 minutes.
- To serve, run a thin knife around top edge of cakes to loosen slightly; carefully invert onto serving plates. Lift cups off of cakes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately with melted ice cream.
Prep: 20 min | Cook: 15 min | Servings: 6
Nutritional Information: Calories: 570 Calories from Fat: 280 Total Fat: 31 g Saturated Fat: 21 g Cholesterol: 220 mg Sodium: 210 mg Carbohydrates: 62 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Sugars: 53 g Protein: 6 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé and meals.com.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.