Buttery Fruited Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup green candied cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup red candied cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Green and/or red candied cherries, if desired
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt or 10-inch tube pan;
- Combine sugar, butter, cream cheese, eggs, orange peel, vanilla and 1 teaspoon
rum extract in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
Reduce speed to low; add flour and baking powder. Beat until well mixed. Stir in
1/2 cup green candied cherries, 1/2 cup red candied cherries and raisins.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a wooden pick
inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, 1/2 teaspoon rum extract and enough milk for
desired glazing consistency in small bowl. Drizzle over cooled cake. Garnish with
additional green and red candied cherries, if desired.
Yield: 16 servings
Nutrition Facts (1 serving): Calories: 400, Fat: 16g, Cholesterol: 120mg,
Sodium: 190mg, Carbohydrates: 57g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Protein: 6g