Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon
- 3 cups apples, chopped and peeled (your choice)
- 1 cup pecans,
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- Pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour Bundt pan, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar; blend in oil and
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to egg mixture. Stir in apples and pecans.
- Pour into Bundt pan and bake for one hour or until cake tests done.
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients together; boil for 3 minutes, stirring
constantly. Set aside.
- When cake is done, let cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove cake to platter; slowly pour Caramel Sauce over warm cake and serve.
Yield: 24 servings
Calories/Serving: 358 Calories/serving
Nutrition analysis: One serving provides approximately: 358 calories, 3 g
protein, 39 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 22 g fat (2 g saturated), 31 mg cholesterol,
25 mcg folate, 1 mg iron and 215 mg sodium
Recipe and photo credit: Wheat Foods Council.