Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
Yield: 24 servings
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups apples, chopped and peeled (your choice)
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- Pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar; blend in oil and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to egg mixture. Stir in apples and pecans.
- Pour into Bundt pan and bake for one hour or until cake tests done.
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients together; boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- When cake is done, let cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove cake to platter; slowly pour Caramel Sauce over warm cake and serve.
Per serving: 358 calories, 3g protein, 39g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 22g fat (2g saturated), 31mg cholesterol, 25mcg folate, 1mg iron and 215mg sodium
Calories/Serving: 358 Calories/serving
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Wheat Foods Council