Chocolate Candy Cane Cake
- 1 package (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 1 package (4-serving size) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, chopped
- 18 small candy canes, coarsely crushed (about 1 cup), divided
- 1 tub (8 ounces ) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Beat cake mix, dry pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil and water in large
bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, stopping frequently
to scrape side of bowl. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes or until well blended.
Stir in chopped chocolate and 2 tablespoons of the crushed candy canes. Spoon
evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Loosen cakes from sides of pans with metal spatula or knife. Invert cakes
onto wire racks; carefully remove pans. Cool completely.
- Place one of the cake layers on serving plate; spread evenly with 1 cup
of the whipped topping. Top with remaining cake layer.
- Frost top and side of cake with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with
remaining crushed candy canes just before serving.
- Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
Yield: 18 servings
Size-Wise: Savor a serving of this indulgent special-occasion dessert. At 18
servings, it's perfect for a holiday party. Substitute Prepare as directed,
using BREAKSTONE'S Reduced Fat or KNUDSEN Light Sour Cream.
Jazz It Up: Melt 1 additional square BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate;
cool. Drizzle over cake just before serving. Then, garnish with raspberries.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):