Christmas Cheese Cake
A very festive-looking cheesecake for the holidays.
- 2 packages lady fingers
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 pints sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line the sides of one 10-inch springform pan with lady fingers then line the
bottom with lady fingers, cutting lady fingers, if necessary.
- Cream the cream cheese and sugar together. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating
after each addition. Stir in the extracts and fold in the sour cream. Pour batter
into the prepared pan. Cover tops of lady fingers with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes, until almost set in the middle.
- Remove cake from oven and let stand for 1/2 hour, then remove sides of pan.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
- Before serving top with canned pie filling.