- 1 package (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut, divided
- 1 tub (8 ounces) COOL WHIP
Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 kiwis,
- Prepare cake batter and bake in 13 x 9-inch baking pan as directed on package.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Pierce cake with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Combine milk, sugar and 1/2 cup of the coconut in medium saucepan. Bring
to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
Spoon over warm cake; spread coconut to evenly cover top of cake.
- Cool completely.
- Add 1/2 cup of the remaining coconut to whipped topping; stir gently until
well blended. Spread over cake.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup coconut.
- Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Top with pineapple and kiwi just before serving.
- Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
Yield: 24 servings
Substitute: Prepare as directed, using fat-free milk and COOL WHIP LITE Whipped
Topping. Note Recipe can also be prepared using a yellow cake mix with pudding in
the mix. How to Thaw COOL WHIP Place unopened 8-ounce tub in refrigerator for 4
hours. Do not thaw in microwave.
Nutritional Information: Calories 240 Total fat 12 g Saturated fat 6 g Cholesterol
30 mg Sodium 190 mg Carbohydrate 31 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 24 g Protein 3 g
2 %DV Vitamin C 20 %DV Calcium 6 %DV Iron 4 %DV
Reprinted with permission from