Cranberry Muffins with Buttery Sauce
- 4 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups whole fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tins well.
- Mix the butter and sugar well in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the water and evaporated milk.
- Mix the flour, salt and baking soda in a third bowl.
- Alternate mixing the wet and dry ingredients into the butter-sugar mixture. Fold
in 4 cups whole fresh cranberries. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Buttery Sauce: Put butter, sugar and milk into a saucepan and boil for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Store extra butter sauce in the refrigerator. It will separate, but just heat
it in the microwave and stir to liquefy it. Cool and reheat the sauce as many times
as you'd like.
- Serve warm by pouring the sauce over the muffins.
Yield: 24 muffins