Double-Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake
Serve your guests with this cheesecake that’s made with chocolate – a minty Christmas
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (about 32
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate
- 1 bag (12 ounces) soft peppermint sticks, coarsely crushed
- Store-bought peppermint bark
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap outside bottom and side of 9-inch springform
pan with heavy-duty foil to prevent leaking. Spray inside bottom and side of
pan with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix crust ingredients. Press firmly in bottom of pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Cool crust 10
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar with electric
mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add condensed milk, beating just until blended.
- Add 1/3 cup whipping cream, the flour and vanilla extract; beat just until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 25 minutes or until edge of cheesecake
is set at least 2 inches from edge of pan but center of cheesecake still jiggles
slightly when moved.
- Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches. Let cheesecake remain in
oven 30 minutes.
- Run small metal spatula around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake. Cool in
pan on cooling rack 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Run small metal spatula around edge of cheesecake; carefully remove foil
and side of pan. Place cheesecake on serving plate.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave 3/4 cup whipping cream on High 1
minute or until hot.
- Add chocolate chips; stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour ganache over cheesecake; smooth ganache with spatula. Let stand 10
- Gently press crushed peppermint sticks into side of cheesecake.
- Cover; refrigerate any remaining cheesecake.
- Garnish with peppermint bark, if desired.
Prep Time 35 hr 0 min
Total Time 9 hr 30 min
Expert Tip: For easy cleanup, place waxed paper strips under edges of cheesecake
on serving plate. When you pour the ganache, it will drip onto the waxed paper.
Gently remove waxed paper strips after the 10-minute standing time.
Nutrition Information 1 Serving Calories 672 , Total Fat 38g (Saturated Fat
22g, ), Sodium 322 mg Total Carbohydrate 72g (Dietary Fiber 2g ), Protein 9g ; %
Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 5 Other Carbohydrate; 6 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reprinted with permission from