- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Quaker Oats
(Quick or Old Fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and
salt; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine milk, molasses, oil and egg; mix well. Add
to dry ingredients all at once; mix until well blended.
- Fill muffin cups almost
- Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients, adding enough lemon juice for desired consistency;
mix until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cupcakes.
- Store loosely covered.
Yield: 12 cupcakes
For Gift Giving: Arrange a few cupcakes on small plate; overwrap with cellophane
and top with a bow. Or, place six cupcakes in a foil muffin pan and wrap with cellophane.
Recipe and photo credit: