Gingerbread Torte with Caramel Sauce
This rich, moist cake delivers the sweet and spicy tones gingerbread fans adore,
but the fun doesn’t stop there. Top it with ice cream and drizzle on the homemade
caramel sauce to make it absolutely unforgettable.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Danish Creamery Butter
- 1/2 cup
packed brown sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1
stick) Danish Creamery Butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Torte: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream softened butter with sugar.
- Add egg and molasses; beat well.
- Combine: flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients
to molasses mixture alternately with boiling water. Beat after each addition.
- Pour into a buttered 9-inch round spring form pan or cake pan.
- Bake 30 minutes
or until top is browned and springs back when lightly pressed. Serve warm.
- Caramel Sauce: Melt and stir butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan
over medium heat.
- Whisk in whipping cream and stir until sugar is dissolved
and sauce is smooth, about 3 minutes.
- To serve: Cut wedges of torte and place on serving plate. If desired, sprinkle
the top with sifted powdered sugar.
- Accompany with a scoop of vanilla ice cream,
and drizzle each portion with caramel sauce.
Source: Challenge Home Economist
Reprinted with permission from
Challenge Dairy - challengedairy.com.