Holiday Bourbon and Eggnog Cake
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup prepared eggnog
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon each
baking powder and soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 3/4 cup chopped glacéd cherries
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
Eggnog Cream Glaze
- 1 tablespoon each heavy cream, and eggnog
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- Cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs until blended.
Beat in eggnog and bourbon until blended.
- In a bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients and beat into egg mixture until
nicely blended. Do not over-beat.
- Spread batter evenly into a greased 10-inch tube pan and bake in a 350 degree
F oven for 55 minutes.
- Allow to cool in pan.
- When cool, remove from pan and drizzle with glaze.
- Decorate top with whole glacéd
cherries and toasted slivered almonds.
- Eggnog Cream Glaze: Stir together all the ingredients until blended. Drizzle
over cooled cake.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 9/3/2001 6:39 pm.