- 5 limited edition holiday cans (14 ounces each) NESTLÉ®
LA LECHERA® Sweetened Condensed Milk, emptied (reserve milk for other uses), washed and dried*
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup chopped crystallized
assorted fruits (optional)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground
- 1 1/4 cups NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup (1
stick) butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh
- 5 teaspoons chopped crystallized assorted fruits for garnish (optional)
- For Cake: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour empty LA LECHERA® cans.
- Combine flour, crystallized fruit, baking powder and cinnamon in medium bowl;
- Beat sweetened condensed milk and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in flour mixture a spoonful at a time until smooth.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared LA LECHERA® cans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cakes comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in cans. Do not remove cakes from
- For Topping: Combine powdered sugar and lime juice in small bowl. Spread top
of each cake evenly with glaze. Garnish each cake with 1 teaspoon crystallized fruit.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Cooling Time: 30 mins cooling
* PRECAUTION: Open cans with a safety can opener to eliminate sharp edges from
lid. If using regular LA LECHERA® cans, be sure to peel off paper labels before
Tip: Decorate cans with ribbons and offer
them as holiday gifts to your loved ones.
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé and meals.com.