Holiday Poke Cake
- 2 baked 9-inch round white cake layers, cooled
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package
(4-serving size) JELL-O Brand Gelatin, any red flavor
package (4-serving size) JELL-O Brand Lime Flavor Gelatin
- 1 tub (8 ounces) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- Place cake layers, top sides up, in 2 clean 9-inch round cake pans. Pierce
layers with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Stir 1 cup of the boiling water into each flavor of dry gelatin mix in separate
bowls at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Carefully pour red gelatin
over 1 cake layer and lime gelatin over second cake layer.
- Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Dip 1 cake pan in warm water 10 seconds; unmold onto serving plate.
with about 1 cup of the whipped topping.
- Unmold second cake layer; carefully
place on first cake layer.
- Frost top and side of cake with remaining whipped
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Decorate with fresh raspberries, if desired.
- Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
Yield: 16 servings
Nutrition Information: Diet Exchange: 2 1/2 Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Nutrition (per serving): Calories 220 Total fat 6g Saturated fat 3g Cholesterol
0mg Sodium 280mg Carbohydrate 39g Dietary fiber 0g Sugars 27g Protein 3g
Vitamin A 0%DV Vitamin C 0%DV Calcium 6%DV Iron 2%DV
Recipe and photo credit: