Holiday Wreath Cake
Since this festive ice cream cake makes 15 servings, it is the perfect dessert
to serve at your next holiday celebration.
- 25 Holiday OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
- 1 tablespoon granulated
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 10 starlight mint candies,
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped
- Few drops green food coloring
- 1 tube (4.25 ounces) red decorating
- 20 cinnamon red hot candies
- 2 tablespoons green colored sugar
- Split 15 of the cookies, leaving filling on 1 side of each cookie. Stand
cookies with filling attached, filling sides out, on edge around rim of 9-inch
- Crush cookie halves without filling; mix with granulated sugar and butter.
Press firmly onto bottom of pan.
- Coarsely chop remaining 10 whole cookies; stir
into ice cream along with the mint candies. Spread evenly over crust.
4 hours or until firm.
- Tint whipped topping with green food coloring to desired shade of green;
spread or pipe into wreath design on top of cake.
- Decorate with icing, cinnamon
candies and colored sugar.
- Remove rim of pan just before serving.
- Cut dessert into 15 slices.
- Store leftover dessert in freezer.
Yield: 15 servings
When thawed, refrigerate COOL WHIP Whipped Topping for up to 2 weeks or re-freeze.
Recipe and photo credit: