Mini Cappuccino Cheesecakes
This creamy indulgence has only 5 grams of fat per serving. (But after you've
taken a bite, you'll want to eat more than one!)
- 4 chocolate wafer cookies, crushed (1/4 cup)
- 2 containers (8 ounces each)
fat-free soft cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel),
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 2 tablespoons Gold
Medal all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee (dry)
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Baking cocoa, if desired
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Spray 12 medium muffin cups, 2 1/2 x 1 1/4 inches,
with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the chocolate wafer crumbs on bottom
of each muffin cup.
- Beat cream cheeses in medium bowl, using wire whisk, until smooth.
- Beat in 2/3
cup sugar, the milk, flour, vanilla extract and egg whites until almost smooth.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the batter.
- Beat 2 tablespoons sugar and the coffee into
remaining batter, using wire whisk, until blended.
- Carefully spoon about 3 tablespoons
coffee batter into each muffin cup.
- Carefully spoon 2 tablespoons reserved vanilla
batter over coffee batter.
- Mix 1 tablespoon sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle over
- Bake for about 18 minutes or just until set.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate
at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Run small metal spatula around edge
of each muffin cup; remove cheesecakes. Sprinkle with cocoa.
Yield: 12 cheesecakes
Purchasing: The pretty flower garnishes shown
in the photo are edible decorations. You can find them at specialty food stores
that carry cake-decorating supplies or near the cake decorations in your supermarket.
Add a mint leaf to the flower garnishes for a fresh look.
Substitution: For a less-intense coffee flavor,
you can use dry instant coffee instead of the instant espresso.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 45 ); Total
Fat 5 g (Saturated Fat 3 g); Cholesterol 15 mg; Sodium 290 mg; Total Carbohydrate
20 g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 9 g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 18 %; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 12 %; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Very Lean Meat; 1 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.