Nestle Torte Dusted with Gold
A truly eye-catching dessert that will wow your guests. This luscious chocolate
torte with a hint of peanut butter is finished with a rich chocolate glaze and dusted
- 1 package (12 ounces) bite-size peanut butter-filled
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet
- 10 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup granulated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 5 large eggs,
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 6 ounces NESTLÉ®
TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar, chopped
- 1 jar (12.5 ounces) caramel
ice cream topping
- 1 small container gold dust or flakes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
chop all but 12 bite-size chocolates; set aside.
- For Torte: Melt morsels and butter in a large metal bowl set over a saucepan
of gently boiling water; stir until smooth.
- Remove bowl from heat; cool mixture
for about 10 minutes or until lukewarm.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla extract and 1/4 teaspoon
- Add yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in flour
until thoroughly blended.
- Beat egg whites with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large mixing bowl until
stiff peaks form.
- Beat 1/4 of egg whites into chocolate mixture to lighten.
in remaining egg whites gently but thoroughly.
- Gently fold in chopped bite-size
chocolates. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake on middle oven rack for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted about
2 inches from edges comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
Remove side of pan; cool completely.
- Invert onto rack; remove bottom of pan.
torte cools, prepare Ganache Glaze.
- For Ganache Glaze: Bring whipping cream to a boil in a small saucepan; add chopped
chocolate bar. Reduce heat to low. Stir until completely smooth.
- Let stand for about
10 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Invert torte onto serving platter; spread Ganache Glaze evenly over top and sides.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- To serve, cut torte into 12 wedges. Place remaining bite-size chocolates on top
of each wedge.
- Drizzle serving plates with caramel topping; place torte wedge on
top. Sprinkle with gold dust and gold flakes.
Preparation Time: 25 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
Cooling Time: 2 hrs refrigerating
Servings: 12 servings
Recipe and photo credit:
Nestle and meals.com.