Gingersnap cookie crumbs make a great-tasting base for this orange and cream
- 2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs (32 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine,
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh fruit
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press on bottom and
just far enough up side to seal bottom of springform pan, 9 x 3 inches.
- Place cream cheese, 2/3 cup sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream and the orange peel in
food processor. Cover and process about 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Add eggs. Cover
and process until well blended. Spread over crust.
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 25 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool on wire
rack 15 minutes.
- Run metal spatula along side of cheesecake to loosen; remove side of pan.
uncovered about 3 hours or until chilled; cover and continue refrigerating at least
4 hours but no longer than 48 hours.
- Mix 1/2 cup sour cream and 2 tablespoons sugar; spread over top of cheesecake.
- Top with fruit.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Makes 16 servings.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 250 );
Total Fat 28 g (Saturated Fat 16 g); Cholesterol 125 mg; Sodium 300 mg; Total Carbohydrate
24 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g); Protein 7 g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 22 %; Vitamin C 8 %; Calcium 6 %; Iron 6
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.