Peppermint Cake Roll
- 1 box white angel food cake mix
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 package (2.8
ounce size) whipped topping mix (1 envelope)
- 1/3 cup crushed
peppermint hard candies
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 or 2
drops red food color
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, except spread half the batter in a 15
x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Spread remaining batter in a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
until top springs back when touched, 20 to 25 minutes for the jellyroll pan.
- Loosen edges from pan. Invert on towel sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.
- While hot, roll cake and towel from narrow end.
- Cool on wire rack. Invert loaf pan
- Remove from pan; freeze for future use.
- Prepare topping mix as directed on package. Fold in candies, chocolate chips
and food color. Reserve 1/3 cup of the topping.
- Unroll cake; remove towel.
- Spread remaining topping over cake.
- Roll up; top with