Peppermint Candy Cheesecake
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup melted butter plus 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed candy canes
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate leaves
- Additional coarsely chopped candy canes
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Blend Graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup melted butter in bottom
of ungreased 8-inch springform pan; press mixture evenly over bottom.
- In blender or food processor, blend sour cream, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, eggs,
flour and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add cream cheese and blend; then blend in 2 tablespoons remaining melted butter
until completely smooth.
- Stir in crushed candy canes, then pour mixture over crust in pan.
- Bake in lower third of oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove; allow to cool, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
The chocolate leaves will form the petals of a poinsettia flower, with the crushed
candy canes in the very center.