Pumpkin Pecan Rum Cake
Pumpkin makes a delightful addition to your rum cake! The rum butter glaze in
this recipe adds elegance and flavor to this classic cake.
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S 100% Pure
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Rum Butter Glaze
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dark rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 12-cup Bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts over bottom.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until light
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla extract; beat well.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, 1/3 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Make holes in cake with long pick; pour half of Glaze over cake. Let stand 5
minutes and invert onto plate.
- Make holes in top of cake; pour remaining Glaze over cake. Cool.
- Garnish as desired.
- Rum Butter Glaze: Melt butter or margarine in small saucepan; stir in granulated
sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in dark rum or rum extract.
Yield: 12 to 16 servings
Reprinted with permission from
Libby's and meals.com.