Razzmatazz Charlotte Cake
- 1 1/2 (3 ounce) packages soft ladyfingers
- 1 tablespoon apple jelly, melted
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 (4 ounce) bars bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup raspberry liqueur
(8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Brush one side of 18 ladyfingers with jelly, then sprinkle with coarse sugar.
Arrange around edge of 8-inch pan. Line bottom with ladyfingers. Brush with jam.
- Sprinkle gelatine over 1/4 cup cold water; set aside.
- In saucepan, boil milk and sugar.
- Whisk 1 cup hot milk into egg yolks. Add egg yolk mixture and gelatine to milk.
Reduce heat, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and liqueur. Place in bowl of ice water, then
stir until thick.
- Fold in whipped topping. Carefully pour into pan.
- Chill for 6
- Top with a ring of raspberries and a few mint leaves.