Red Velvet Elf Cupcakes
Get help making festive, holiday "elf" cupcakes by using foolproof
Betty Crocker® cake and frosting.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devil’s food cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 bottle (1 ounce) red food color
container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting
- 24 small red
gum drops, cut in half
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 rolls Betty Crocker® Fruit
Roll-Ups® chewy fruit snack, any flavor (from 5-ounce box)
- 6 dried apricots
- 1 tube (7 ounces) Betty Crocker® red cookie icing
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper
baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and red food color with electric
mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about 2/3 full).
- Bake for 18 to 23 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes with cream cheese frosting; reserve 1 tablespoon frosting.
each apricot into 4 pieces; place 2 pieces on each side of cupcakes for ears.
each fruit snack into 4 triangles. Place one triangle on top of each cupcake, folding
pointed end over to form hat.
- Attach one gumdrop to pointed end of hat using reserved
- Use remaining gumdrops for nose and chocolate chips for eyes. Pipe mouth
with red decorator frosting.
Make the Most of This Recipe: If you have
only one 12-cup muffin pan, cover and refrigerate the rest of the batter while baking
the first batch. Then bake the rest of the batter in the cooled muffin pan, adding
1 or 2 minutes to the bake time.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Cupcake) Calories 240 (Calories from
Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium
250mg; Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 25g), Protein 2g
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from