Root Beer Christmas Cake
Root Beer Christmas Cake is delicious served with ice cream!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup root beer
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows (optional)
Root Beer Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon root beer extract (or 1 tablespoon root beer from the can)
- Cake: Mix flour and sugar.
- In a saucepan, combine root beer and butter. Bring to a boil and add to the flour/sugar
mixture. Stir well.
- Add milk, baking soda, vanilla extract, salt and eggs. Blend well. If desired,
stir in 1 1/2 cups of miniature marshmallows.
- Bake in a 9 x 13-inch pan at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Frost with Root Beer Frosting.
- Root Beer Frosting: Work the butter and salt with a spoon or electric beater until fluffy
- Add in confectioners' sugar and cream (or milk), continuing to stir or beat.
Add only enough cream or milk to achieve spreading consistency.
- Add vanilla extract, and spread over cake.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Christmas Cake Recipes
>> Christmas Recipes Index