Spiced Eggnog Cheesecake
- 32 ounces cream cheese, at
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4
cups prepared eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour
- Optional garnishes: 6 ounces white baking chocolate,
pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
(about 8 whole graham crackers, crushed)
- 1 teaspoon granulated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare crust. Leave oven on.
- Prepare filling by beating cream cheese in medium-size bowl until smooth.
- In small bowl, mix sugar, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. Add to cream cheese;
beat until smooth.
- Beat in egg.
- Add eggnog in slow stream, beating continuously.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Pour filling onto crust in pan; tap pan lightly to release
- Bake in preheated oven 1 hour.
- Remove from oven; spread sour cream over top of
- Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Cool in pan on rack until cake is cool to touch. Refrigerate
- To prepare garnish, line an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil, leaving an
overhang on both ends.
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over barely simmering,
not boiling, water, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in nutmeg.
- Pour chocolate into pan,
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Lift foil out of pan to remove chocolate bar. Using vegetable
peeler, scrape chocolate to make loose curls. Arrange curls on top of
- Crust: Combine crumbs, sugar, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and butter in a small
bowl until well blended. Press over bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Transfer pan to wire rack to cool.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.
Family Circle Best-Ever Cakes & Cookies