White Chocolate Birch Log Cake
White Chocolate Birch Log Cake is a delightful rendition of the famous Yule log.
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 cup C&H® Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons C&H® Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder,
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups C&H® Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- Cake: Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan.
Line pan with waxed paper. Generously grease and flour waxed paper; set aside.
- Beat egg yolks, salt and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Gradually add sugar
and beat until thick and pale yellow.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in separate bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into yolks. Sprinkle flour over top of egg mixture, folding
gently until well blended. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 8-9 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched near center.
- Prepare Filling: Sprinkle clean dish towel with additional confectioners'
or powdered sugar. Invert cake onto towel. Remove waxed paper; trim uneven edges.
- Starting at narrow end, roll cake in towel. Place on cooling rack, seam
side down. Cool.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Add vanilla extract, sugar and cocoa. Beat until stiff.
- Unroll cooled cake. Spread Filling evenly on cake. Roll up. Cover and refrigerate
until ready to frost.
- Prepare Frosting: Combine white chocolate chips, butter and half-and-half
in small saucepan. Heat over low heat until chips melt, stirring constantly.
- Refrigerate until slightly thick.
- Add sugar. Beat until smooth and fluffy and of good spreading consistency.
If too thick, add 1-2 teaspoons half-and-half until desired consistency. Frost
- Garnish with thin lines of melted chocolate chips drizzled across frosted
Yield: 10 servings
Quick Tip: Melted white chocolate chip mixture can be cooled quickly by setting
pan over bowl of ice water and stirring until cool and thick. - Do not let water
get into mixture.
Recipe and photo credit:
C&H Sugar - chsugar.com.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.