White Chocolate-Candy Cane Cheesecake
JAZZ IT UP: To create an icicle effect on top of cheesecake, spoon the whipped topping into a resealable plastic bag. Snip one of the corners off bottom of bag. Squeeze topping out to form soft peaks on top of cake.
How to Prepare in a 13 x 9-inch Pan: Prepare and bake cheesecake as directed, using 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, 4 eggs, 4 chocolate squares and 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract. Top with the whipped topping and candy canes as directed just before serving.
- 1 cup HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 4 squares BAKER'S Premium White Baking Chocolate, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1/2 cup chopped candy canes
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 300 degrees F if using dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan).
- Mix Graham crumbs, 3 tablespoons of the sugar and the butter; press onto bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining 3/4 cup sugar with electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Stir in chocolate and extract; pour over crust.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Top with the whipped topping and chopped candy just before serving.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Yield: 12 servings, one slice each
Nutritional Information: Calories 440 Total fat 29 g Saturated fat 18 g Cholesterol 140 mg Sodium 310 mg Carbohydrate 40 g Dietary fiber 0 g Sugars 31 g Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 15 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 8% DV Iron 4 %DV
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Kraft Heinz Company