White Chocolate Snowdrift Cake
This beautiful White Chocolate Snowdrift Cake is garnished with sugared rosemary,
cranberries and crushed biscotti.
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut up and softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Sugared Rosemary and Cranberries (optional)
- Crushed purchased chocolate-cranberry biscotti (optional)
* The added cocoa makes the cakes bake in a shorter time.
- Frosting: in a medium saucepan combine whipping cream
and chocolate. Cook, stirring occasionally, over low heat until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl; cover and refrigerate until completely
chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, grease and flour two 9 x 1 1/2-inch or 8 x 1 1/2-inch round cake
pans; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions using egg whites. Spoon
about 1 1/2 cups of batter into each cake pan.
- Sift cocoa over batter remaining in bowl; stir until blended. Spoon on cake
mix in pans; swirl gently to marble and to spread batter evenly.
- Bake according to package directions except check cakes several
minutes before minimum time indicated on package.
- Let cakes cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; cool
completely on wire racks.
- Add cream cheese to chilled white chocolate mixture; beat with an electric
mixer until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until sugar
is completely combined. (Mixture should hold soft peaks; do not over-beat.) Use immediately.
- Place one cake layer on a serving platter. Frost with about 3/4 cup frosting.
Top with second cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake. Serve immediately or cover and chill until serving time (up to 4 hours).
- To serve: Garnish cake with Sugared Rosemary and Cranberries and crushed
biscotti, if desired.
- Sugared Rosemary and Cranberries: Lightly spray several rosemary sprigs
and cranberries with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle granulated sugar
on rosemary; roll cranberries in a small amount of granulated
sugar to coat. Place on wax paper for at least 1 hour before using. This is a decorative, not edible, garnish.
Yield: 12 servings
Nutrition facts per serving: cals: 458 total fat: 25g sat fat: 13g monounsat
fat: 6g polyunsat fat: 1g chol: 45mg sod: 382mg carb: 55g total sugar: 39g fiber:
0g protein: 7g vitamin C: 0% calcium: 14% iron: 13%