Almond Fruit Balls
These make a nice gift, packed in an attractive tin or box. Recipe can be doubled.
- 1 cup whole natural almonds, toasted
- 1 (6 ounce) package mixed dried fruit bits
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- Place almonds in bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade; process until
- Add fruit, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pulse on and off a few times, then process
to make a rough paste.
- Add liqueur and process to make a firm, sticky paste. (Add more liqueur, a few
drops at a time, if needed to make a slightly moist dough.)
- Shape into 1-inch balls, rolling between palms of hands.
- Pack loosely in airtight container with wax paper between layers.
- Serve as confections or as dessert with coffee or tea.
Yield: 12 servings