Baker's One Bowl Chocolate Truffles
Yield: about 6 dozen or 18 servings, four truffles each
- 1 package (8 squares) Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8 ounce package) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) tub Cool Whip or Cool Whip French Vanilla Whipped Topping, thawed
- Powdered sugar
- Finely chopped Planters Pecans, toasted
- Baker's Angel Flake Coconut, grated
- Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate unsweetened cocoa powder
- Colored sprinkles
- Microwave chocolate in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH for 2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted.
- Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add cream cheese; stir until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Gently stir in whipped topping. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until mixture is firm enough to handle.
- Scoop chocolate mixture into 1 inch balls with melon baller; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheets. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Roll in suggested coatings, working with a few truffles at a time. (Truffles do not need to be perfectly round and smooth - slightly rough appearance is considered typical.)
- Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
Size-Wise: Chocolate truffles are rolled in a variety of coatings for a sweet treat that is perfect for gift-giving or for serving on a special occasion.
Make it Easy: Roll scooped truffle mixture into 1-inch balls while coating with the toppings.
Truffle mixture softens quickly, so when rolling, only remove about 1 dozen truffles from refrigerator at a time. If truffles soften too much to roll, return to refrigerator until firm.
Per serving: Calories 180 Total fat 12g Saturated fat 10g Cholesterol 5mg Sodium 60mg Carbohydrate 16g Dietary fiber 2g Sugars 12g Protein 2g
Vitamin A 6% DV Vitamin C 0% DV Calcium 0% DV Iron 4% DV
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Kraft Heinz Company