Baker's One Bowl Chocolate Truffles
- 1 package (8 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8-ounce package) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) tub COOL WHIP or COOL WHIP French Vanilla Whipped Topping, thawed
- Powdered sugar
- Finely chopped PLANTERS Pecans, toasted
- BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut, grated
- BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate unsweetened cocoa powder
- Colored sprinkles
- Microwave chocolate in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until
chocolate is almost melted.
- Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add cream cheese; stir until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture
is well blended.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Gently stir in whipped topping. Refrigerate 2 hours or until mixture is
firm enough to handle.
- Scoop chocolate mixture into 1-inch balls with melon baller; place on waxed
paper-covered baking sheets. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Roll in suggested coatings, working with a few truffles at a time. (Truffles
do not need to be perfectly round and smooth - slightly rough appearance is
- Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
Yield: about 6 dozen or 18 servings, four truffles each
Size-Wise: Chocolate truffles are rolled in a variety of coatings for a sweet
treat that is perfect for gift-giving or for serving on a special occasion.
Make it Easy: Roll scooped truffle mixture into 1-inch balls while coating with
Truffle mixture softens quickly, so when rolling, only remove about 1 dozen
truffles from refrigerator at a time. If truffles soften too much to roll, return
to refrigerator until firm.
Nutritional Information: Calories 180 Total fat 12 g Saturated fat 10 g Cholesterol
5 mg Sodium 60 mg Carbohydrate 16 g Dietary fiber 2 g Sugars 12 g Protein 2 g Vitamin
6 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 0 %DV Iron 4 %DV
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):