Bourbon Fruit Balls
These candies taste best after they have been stored for 24 hours. They can be
made ahead and stored in refrigerator for several weeks.
- 1 (9 ounce) package None Such Condensed Mincemeat, finely crumbled
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 56 cookies)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon or rum
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except additional confectioners' sugar
until well blended.
- Chill 4 hours or overnight.
- Dip hands in confectioners' sugar; shape mixture into 1-inch ball. (Re-chill
if mixture become too soft.)
- Roll in additional confectioners' sugar.
- Place on wax paper-lined baking sheets; chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature.
- Re-roll in confectioners' sugar before serving if desired.