Candy Cane Wands
Do candy canes one better for the holidays! Dip them in chocolate and sprinkle with candies ready for tasty festivities.
Yield: 16 wands
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips or white vanilla baking chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 16 candy canes or peppermint sticks, about 6 inches long
- Crushed hard peppermint miniature chocolate chips, candy decorations, colored glitter sugars or coarse sugar crystals (decorating sugar), if desired
- Line jelly roll pan, 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch, with waxed paper.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat 1/2 cup chocolate chips and the shortening over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Tip saucepan so chocolate runs to one side. Dip 1 candy cane at a time into chocolate, coating about half of each cane.
- Place on waxed paper in pan. Let stand about 2 minutes or until chocolate is partially dry.
- Roll chocolate-dipped ends in candies.
- Place on waxed paper in pan. Let stand about 10 minutes or until chocolate is dry.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
Special Touch: Give a kit with all the fixin's to make these wands! It's last-minute magic!
Double-Dipped Candy Cane Wands: Dip candy canes into one kind of chocolate and allow to dry, then dip into a second chocolate, leaving part of the first chocolate showing.
Per serving: Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 20); Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat ncg); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 5mg; Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars ncg); Protein 0g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: nc
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Betty Crocker Kitchens