- 1 large box strawberry Jell-O
- 1 cup ground pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup ground coconut
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red sugar crystals
- Green food coloring
- Slivered almonds
- Mix together Jell-O, nuts, coconut, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Shape mixture into "strawberries."
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Roll chilled berries in red sugar crystals.
- Mix green food coloring and a little water in a small dish. Briefly stir slivered almonds in mixture to tint green.
- Dry on paper towels (overnight if possible).
- Use green tinted almonds as stems for berries.
- Store in a cool place.