Cherry Chocolate Bark
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries without stems
- 3/4 cup finely chopped
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 8 ounces semisweet or milk chocolate,
cut into pieces
- 8 ounces white chocolate, cut into pieces
- Chop cherries; set aside.
- Mix pecans with nutmeg and cinnamon; set aside.
- Before melting chocolate, cover large baking sheet or other flat surface (that
fits in refrigerator) with waxed paper.
- Melt chocolate in small saucepan over low heat; stir constantly. Do not allow
chocolate to bum or get hard in bottom of pan.
- Pour melted chocolate in prepared pan. Using a metal spatula or knife, quickly
spread chocolate into a rectangle, about 14 x 8 inches or about 1/8 inch thick.
- Put in refrigerator; chill about 20 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate in small saucepan, being careful that it does not bum in
the bottom of pan; stir constantly.
- Remove pan with semisweet chocolate from refrigerator.
- Pour melted white chocolate over semisweet chocolate layer. Quickly spread white
chocolate to cover semisweet chocolate layer, using a metal spatula or knife.
- Sprinkle pecans and cherries evenly over chocolate.
- Use metal spatula to press cherries and pecans into chocolate.
- Chill in refrigerator several hours or overnight.
- Break into irregular pieces.
- Store in cool place in airtight container.
Yield: 36 servings
Reprinted with permission from
National Cherry Growers Foundation.